Green Smoothie Girls...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our girls are good eaters, but Beks has systematically turned down anything green I try to feed her--with the exception of peas. No matter how much she wants to live on bread alone, I just think we need to add a little variety. So, I have been trying to get the girls into drinking smoothies daily with Mommy. Mommy is up to a quart a day, but the girls haven't been too interested...until today. Today, I added more fruit & dollop of honey & let's just say that it was a smashing success.

Let's get the smoothie drinking form down from watching big sister...

Synchronized. Love the baby belly...

Beks got a shape sorter today from one of her friends & put it to use as a little stool. See, she's a genius. So advanced.

More to come on the big 1st birthday...we're waiting until Daddy can join us for the festivities. Abby was devistated! A birthday with no cake or ICE CREAM. We are cruel, cruel parents.

Until next time,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! Are you going to send the pictures to the Green Smoothie lady? She'd love them. Tell the girls Grandma had her green smoothie this morning, too. I don't have a neat cup w/straw like they do. I'm jealous!! Sounds like you'll have days of birthday fun!! :)

Scott, Sarah, William, Daniel, Colin, and Sam said...

Can you please post the recipe in your "recipe section" post? (Whatever happened to those, BTW??) Sounds like a great idea for my guys, one of whom informs me on a daily basis, "I don't like vegetables, Mommy. ANY vegetables!!"